Hi!

Trying to get the IMCP Jitter graph-data into opennms. “CISCO-RTTMON-MIB.mib”

There are some dependencies and it fails when it comes to “RFC1271-MIB”

Example of what oid we want:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3" rttMonLatestIcmpJitterRTTSum2
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.4" rttMonCtrlAdminIndex

opennms version: 26.1.0

Is there a easier way of handling “mibs” in opennms? -_-

If you know the OIDs you want, why wouldn’t you write a datacollection to collect them and ignore the MIB compiler completely?

sorry sir, but i don’t have a clue how to do that. :wink: @dino2gnt I tried to add the oid manually in the /datacollection/cisco.xml but then opennms wouldn’t even start.

http://oidref.com/1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.1

Take a look at the stock datacollection/cisco.xml . OpenNMS collects a large amount of RTTMON oids out of the box. If what you need isn’t there, consider adding it

Otherwise, you’ll have to try and track down all the dependent MIBs for the MIB compiler.

Yes we found some of them but not the ones we want. The UDP Jitter are there but not for ICMP.
And when we tried to adding them, opennsm won’t start. Also we got problem adding the MIB in the compiler as in the picture above.

Then you probably introduced an XML error when you made your configuration changes. Run the config tester and verify: $OPENNMS_HOME/bin/config-tester -a

Did test with a verify “xmllint” and there was no error. But i can check also with “config-tester”

1. Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dataCollectionConfigDao’ defined in class path resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-configTester.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: instance ‘rttMonLatestIcmpJitterRTTSum2’ invalid in mibObj definition for OID ‘.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3’ in collection ‘default’ for group ‘cisco-rttmon-latest-jitter-stats’. Allowable instance values: any positive number, ‘ifIndex’, or any of the configured resourceTypes: serviceCipherBindingEntry, sec4to20maIndex, cipsDynamicCryptomapSetEntry, fgApIMStatsEntry, hrDeviceEntry, vmware3Net, lbStatisticsEntry, gslbPoliciesEntry, cucsFaultLocalTypedHolderEntry, scperPolicyStatisticsEntry, vmware4Disk, SensorUnknown, pqStatsp

2. Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: instance ‘rttMonLatestIcmpJitterRTTSum2’ invalid in mibObj definition for OID ‘.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3’ in collection ‘default’ for group ‘cisco-rttmon-latest-jitter-stats’. Allowable instance values: any positive number, ‘ifIndex’, or any of the configured resourceTypes: serviceCipherBindingEntry, sec4to20maIndex, cipsDynamicCryptomapSetEntry, fgApIMStatsEntry

I just added the two last ones.
I guess that i need a proper instance-name and alias? But i don’t know how its connected.

<mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.48" instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="jitterAvgDSJ" type="gauge"/>
  <mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.49" instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="jitterOWAvgSD" type="gauge"/>
  <mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.2.1.50" instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="jitterOWAvgDS" type="gauge"/>
  <mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3"  instance="rttMonLatestIcmpJitterRTTSum2" alias="ICMPJitterRTTSum2" type="gauge"/>
  <mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.4"  instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="ICMPJitterRTTSum2" type="gauge"/>

Has to be a valid resourceType. I don’t have anything Cisco here that can do RTTMON / IPSLA, so I can’t verify this gets you what you want, but if you’re attaching it to the end of cisco-rttmon-latest-jitter-stats why not try:

<mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3"  instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="IcmpJitterRTTSum2" type="gauge"/>
<mibObj oid=".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.4"  instance="rttMonCtrlAdminIndex" alias="IcmpJitterRTTMin" type="gauge"/>

Now opennms starts. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to verify that the data comes in even though we don’t see any graphs?
My guess is that data comes in but there some problem with the graphing.

Screenshot from 2021-05-12 18-43-47

snmpwalk x.x.x.x -v 2c -c test .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3.20 = Gauge32: 10
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3.22 = Gauge32: 0
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.42.1.5.4.1.3.23 = Gauge32: 13

Thanks again. @dino2gnt

Found a file called /snmp-graph.properties.d/cisco-graph.properties
Not sure what to change or if it’s even the correct one.

It contains rttmon Jitter stuff.
“report.cisco.rttmon.jitter.icpif.type=rttMonCtrlAdminIndex

Files i belive that belongs together:
/opt/opennms/etc/snmp-graph.properties.d/cisco-graph.properties
/opt/opennms/etc/datacollection/cisco.xml
/opt/opennms/etc/datacollection-config.xml

Graphs aren’t created automagically, you’ll need to create definitions for these data sources. Use the existing graphs as an example.

Solved it by compiling the RTTMON-mib. I had to edit the mib and exclude what caused the error.
Then i got two files. Added the mib in /opt/opennms/etc/datacollection-config.xml and also added the group in /opt/opennms/etc/datacollection/cisco.xml. Then it worked.

Thanks!

1 Like