Topology view using Graphml

Using Graphml I can view the layer based topology in the web UI for all the existing Nodes.
If I add any New nodes in Opennms that is not updating in web UI topology view until I restart opennnms

How I Can Update the Topology View without Restarting Opennms ?

Someone help me on this ?

You have to update the GraphML file and update the data via the REST API.

This means, you modify the xml file manually or programatically.
Afterwards you must delete the existing (if any) topology
curl -X DELETE -u admin:admin 'http://localhost:8980/opennms/rest/graphml/topology-name'

Finally push the new file:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -u admin:admin -d@graph.xml 'http://localhost:8980/opennms/rest/graphml/topology-name'

Keep in mind, there is no automatically generating of the graphml file in OpenNMS. You always have to generate/build the Topology yourself (either manually or programatically).

See also the Development Guide - 3.2.1 Create/Update/Delete GraphML Topology

Also keep in mind, that the data you see may be cached up to 5 Minutes. Only then you see the changes in the UI. You can manually trigger a reload by sending a reload event with uei uei.opennms.org/internal/reloadTopology. You can provide the namespace with namespace parameter or omit it, then the cache for all topologies is evicted:

$OPENNMS_HOME/bin/send-event.pl uei.opennms.org/internal/reloadTopology --parm 'namespace <my-namespace>'

or

$OPENNMS_HOME/bin/send-event.pl uei.opennms.org/internal/reloadTopology

Thanks much for info
I don’t have internal script to run for reloadTopology to run and update toppology . if you have please share .

–Naveen

In your home directory of OpenNMS there is a bin directory which has a script you can run from the command line which is named send-event.pl. It allows you to send arbitrary events into OpenNMS. With the command @mvrueden showed you, the topology is requested to reload. Everything you need is already there.

Hi,

While I’m passing the reloadTopology evevnt, I’m facing issue with no matching configuration.

please find attachment.

Regards,
Naveen

@Naveen are you writing your own topology by building the GraphML document, or are you using the Asset Topology Provider?

@jesse yes I’m using Asset Topology Provider,
When I create for the first time topology is can be viewed in UI.
After I deleted node and regenerate that is not updating in UI topology view .
Existing only there with all the nodes .

Help me