It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued a lot of existing projects as well as more bugfixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Antonio continued his work exposing topology data to Kafka.
- Patrick worked on porting/refactoring the tool to generate test topologies to the Karaf CLI.
- Markus did more work on a new graph service API.
- I worked on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.2.2.
- Patrick did more work on his SNMP collector refactor/replacement.
- Chandra worked on an issue with notifications being sent with no associated nodes.
- Jesse continued to tune his updates to Elasticsearch support.
- Jesse refactored the event configuration Karaf shell tool to rely only on the OIA.
- I worked on updating us to the latest PostgreSQL JDBC driver.
Web & UI
- Sebastian did some more work on the daemon refactor and reload page.
- Markus, Sebastian, and Ronny continued their work on moving to Bootstrap 4 for our web UI.
- I worked on updating us to the latest version of Jetty 9.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
🇧🇪 2019-02-02: FOSDEM 2019 - February 2nd and 3rd, 2019
Craig Gallen will be giving a lightning talk on OpenNMS and MQTT at FOSDEM in Brussels this year.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-84: Display human readable values from nodeResources and nodeFilter
- HZN-1442: Update the SnmpCollector to use the CollectionSetBuilder
- HZN-1461: View event configuration definitions from the Karaf shell
- NMS-9711: Minion WSMAN collector is not functional due to dependency missing
- NMS-10477: Use a utility function instead of Integer.getInteger
- NMS-10505: Add karaf logging configuration for Minion/Sentinel
- NMS-10515: Wallboard URLs with board name should be permalinks, but return “Nothing to display” instead
- NMS-10525: Event parameters table have strong limits for the columns
- OCE-36: Export data from OpenNMS (stored in ES) to an OCE Dataset