It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we worked on a number of Kafka-related fixes and improvements, improved minion monitor support, the Bootstrap 4 UI rework, and a bunch of other bug fixes and enhancements.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra worked on an issue where syslog events could trigger notifications when they are not supposed to.
- Antonio continued his work on exposing topology data to Kafka.
- Jesse fixed an issue where some event parameter names would be too long to be persisted to the database.
- Chandra did more work on supporting large buffer sizes in Kafka RPC.
- Christian worked on modernizing the DHCP monitor to be Minion-capable.
- Jesse continued to work on updating pushing data to Elasticsearch.
- Chandra did more changes to the poller API support in OIA.
- Dino worked on supporting getting provisioning asset information from WS-Man.
- Jesse added support for printing runtime event configuration from the Karaf CLI.
- Jesse added Helm documentation for the performance datasource.
- Jesse fixed some issues in the Minion WS-Man support.
- Matt continued to work on tools to help evaluate alarm and situation coverage.
Web & UI
- Markus, Sebastian, and Ronny continued their work on moving to Bootstrap 4 for our web UI.
- Markus fixed an issue with exceptions in OSGi-provided ReST services getting eaten.
- Christian worked on an issue where the wallboard UI would show “Nothing to display”.
- Markus fixed a problem where the Business Service Status panel would not show.
- I worked on making it possible to use node or resource labels and names in Helm datasource labels.
- Dustin did some refactoring of the code for supporting browser notifications.
- Brynjar Eide worked on adding some missing thread pool information from Collectd and Pollerd’s instrumentation.
- Dustin worked on making Helm’s queries to the measurements API have a consistent order.
OpenNMS Meridian and Horizon Releases
Last week we released Meridian 2018.1.4 and Horizon 23.0.2.
Both were primarily bugfix releases that also included a number of performance improvements to topology map loading.
For a complete list of changes, see the release announcements:
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1458: No stack-traces for exceptions thrown by REST services in OSGi
- HZN-1460: Add option to syslogd to include the raw syslog message as a parameter in the generated event
- NMS-10357: Improve Collectd and Pollerd’s ThreadPool graphs
- NMS-10404: Support provisioning asset information via wsman
- NMS-10441: Update favicon.ico for higher resolutions
- NMS-10446: Support large buffer sizes in Kafka RPC
- NMS-10449: Use the DaemonService to reload a daemon instead of the DaemonNameEnum
NMS-10518: refactor/clean up
- NMS-10527: Remove unused Topology Plugin “org.opennms.features.topology.plugins.ssh”
- NMS-10529: BusinessServiceVertexStatusInfoPanelItem is broken
- NMS-10530: Flow query fails with NPE if it returns no data
- OIA-1: Add support for ServiceMonitors