It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did more alarm correlation updates, lots of Kafka fixes and enhancements, worked on a new SNMP collector, and did a lot of other smaller changes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse worked on handling clock skew when triggering alarms in Alarmd.
- Matt worked on making it possible for the integration API to handle situation feedback without Kafka.
- Antonio continued his work to publish topology data to Kafka.
- Patrick started work on a new SnmpCollector that works with Minions.
- Chandra did more work on handling caching/large buffer sizes in Kafka RPC.
- I did some more fixes to my
- I worked on attempting to update to a newer version of HikariCP.
- Matt added support for optionally attaching the raw syslog message to Syslogd-generated events.
- Ronny worked on refactoring/replacing our Docker test images.
Web & UI
- I fixed some issues in the group-by-node portion of Helm’s alarm details tab.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-121: Related alarm view should show the node label
- HZN-1433: Update integration api to handle alarm feedback without Kafka
- HZN-1441: Send inventory to OCE without Kafka using integration API
- HZN-1452: POC of a Graph Service which tackles all existing issues with the current Topology appraoch + allows exposing graphs via Rest
- NMS-9273: Create Topology Service Updates in enlinkd
- NMS-9659: BestMatchPingerFactory returns NullPinger when better options are available
- NMS-10454: Support Additional EIF Protocol Version
- OCE-33: Flag devices and ignore comparison when clock skew is detected
- OCE-34: Match and classify CPN Tickets and OpenNMS Situations
- OCE-35: Match CPN Events and OpenNMS Events