It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we fixed more bugs, added more integrations to OIA, finished the Bootstrap 4 UI transition, and merged the Enlinkd refactor branch.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra fixed sentinel-core loading in the Sentinel container.
- Markus did more work on exposing the new graph service through ReST.
- Jesse did some work on adding weight support to the OCE service.
- Jesse finished his changes to expose connection pooling configuration for Newts.
- Chandra worked on ticketing plugin support in the OpenNMS Integration API.
- Markus worked on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.2.
- Christian did more work on making DHCP detection and polling work on the Minion.
- Matthew did some more work on the topology generation APIs.
- Jesse changed Syslog handling to use the
- Jesse worked on updating OCE to use Drools internally for clustering alarms.
- Chandra worked on collector support in OIA.
- I did more fixes to the
- Antonio wrapped up his refactor of Enlinkd to support sending topology data to Kafka.
- Patrick worked on updating various topology backend code to work with the Enlinkd refactor.
Web & UI
- Markus wrapped up the Bootstrap 4 migration.
- Patrick updated the topology UI to support instant refresh based on recent API changes.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
We will be at OSMC in November.
Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-127: Upgrade Grafana from 5.3.4 to 5.4.3
- HZN-1393: Forward enlinkd link data via Kafka
- HZN-1423: Migrate bootstrap 3 to bootstrap 4 and revert custom stylings
- HZN-1469: Leverage new topology generator to test the LinkdTopologyProvider
- IPL-31: iplike with postgres 9.4 and higher
- NEWTS-108: Expose connection pooling options
- NMS-9633: JDBC collector event reason provides no useful information
- NMS-10504: DhcpMonitor does not work on Minion
NMS-10518: refactor/clean up
- NMS-10543: Upgrade PostgreSQL JDBC driver to 42.x
- NMS-10561: Not able to install sentinel-core feature on sentinel container
runjavaunit tests for detecting the correct java in a range
- NMS-10568: Leaking logs from HELM performance data source requests to OpenNMS standard out
- OCE-39: Configurable logging for the kafka-event-mirrorer
- OIA-4: Add support for ServiceCollectors