It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week or so we worked on flows, speeding up tests, thresholding config sharing, a few web UI fixes, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Matt updated the sFlow adapter to set the sequence number.
- Jesse did more work on making it so CI tests only run the subset that have changed based on previous branches.
- Dustin continued his work making the meta-data DSL work with the PageSequenceMonitor.
- I worked on refactoring some common shell code to a separate project, and making it so Minion and Sentinel can launch differently depending on JVM.
- Chandra fixed Pollerd to reload on a
- Matt continued his work on persisting and sharing Threshd configuration.
- Marcel worked on splitting up the default JMX datacollection config into separate files.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Chandra worked on wrapping up fixes to handle “Request Header Fields Too Large” errors.
- Patrick worked on a caching/cookie issue with web sessions.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jesse White will be speaking about ALEC at All Things Open. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
His talk will be at 4:15pm on Tuesday.
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-9341: No class found exception in OSGi for org.osgi.service.jdbc.DataSourceFactory
- NMS-12237: Ops wallboard hanging due to Vaadin session deadlock
- NMS-12238: Update minimum required version of PostgresSQL for H25
- NMS-12256: Resource Graphs : Graph Selection fails to render when many resources are selected
- NMS-12264: Rewrite test in ScheduleOutageIT for new UI
- NMS-12266: split shell utilities into a separate module