It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we did more cleanup in prep for Horizon 25, including UI fixes, flow changes, and more!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I continued to work on cleaning up systemd startup for Minion and Sentinel.
- Chandra worked on making it possible to list RPC/sink topics from the Karaf shell.
- Jesse fixed a potential
ConcurrentModificationExceptionin the event translator.
- Patrick continued to work on making sure event parameters are always ordered correctly.
- Markus worked on a set of flow classification Karaf shell commands, as well as a number of other flow classification bugs.
- Dustin fixed an issue processing sFlow packets without IP information.
- Chandra worked on making SNMP definitions update when the profile has changed.
- Christian started working on adding Meta-Data support to PRIS.
- Ronny did a bunch of updates to docker image publishing.
- I did more work on updating events to use ISO-8601 dates when serializing (and parsing).
Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus did more work exposing
health:checkinfo through ReST.
- Jesse finished cleaning up the Jasper Studio integration.
- Chandra moved the “Telephone PIN” in the notification UI with related relevant bits.
- Jesse fixed an issue with timeouts in the new Grafana report client.
- Christian fixed the Meta-Data ReST API to support JSON output.
- Ronny updated Jetty to version 9.4.20.v20190813.
- Markus did more work exposing
OpenNMS September Releases
In September we had Meridian 2017 and 2018 releases, as well as a new major Horizon release: Horizon 25.
OpenNMS Horizon 25
Horizon 25 contains a huge number of bug fixes and enhancements, most notably massive thresholding improvements, big changes to netflow and other streaming telemetry data, reporting and UI updates, plus much more.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jesse White will be speaking about ALEC at All Things Open. It’s a wonderful open-source conference here in the back yard of The OpenNMS Group’s offices.
His talk will be at 4:15pm on Tuesday.
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-182: Update icons entity and flow datasources
- HELM-183: Custom panels fail to render as PNGs
- NMS-10073: Telephone PIN Field in User Details is Misplaced
- NMS-12190: Enable flow UDP listener by default on Minion and OpenNMS
- NMS-12230: Verify Database Reporting Documentation is still up to date
- NMS-12246: Documenting Thresholding for H25
- NMS-12272: ReST API for meta-data doesn’t support JSON
- NMS-12285: Poller take a long time to startup/initialize on large systems
- NMS-12291: Groups disappear in classification UI
- NMS-12297: Grafana report generation is timing out
- NMS-12298: Expose health:check via ReST
- NMS-12300: Update Minion packaging to use single RPM/Deb
- NMS-12306: ConcurrentModificationException when cloning events
- OIA-21: Tag and release OIA v0.2.1
- PRIS-151: Allow node-level meta-data