OpenNMS On the Horizon - November 18th, 2019 - Bug Fixes, CircleCI, BMP Support, Helm, and More!

It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!

In the last week we fixed more bugs and worked on other infrastructure, as well as continuing work on BMP support and a Grafana 6.4 Helm fix.

Github Project Updates

• Internals, APIs, and Documentation

• Markus continued to work on graph API improvements.
    • I added support for building (and signing) Debian packages in the CircleCI workflow.
    • Christian worked on adding support for defining custom headers in the HttpPostMonitor and PageSequenceMonitor.
    • Ronny worked on a bunch of updated Docker and other container documentation.
    • Patrick worked on normalizing all our Karaf shell commands.
    • Ronny and I fixed the hour-rendering bug in send-event.pl introduced in Horizon 25.1.0.
    • Christian did more work on adding BMP support to Telemetryd.
    • Christian fixed an issue with WS-Man polling on Minion.
    • Chandra did more work on fixing exclude-range support in the discovery config.
  • Web, ReST, and UI

• I fixed an issue with the Flow data source in the Helm Grafana plugin.

Calendar of Events

Until Next Week…

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last OOH

• HELM-190: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toBits’ of undefined
  • NMS-12365: Cannot use poller:poll karaf command with WsManMonitor through Minions
  • NMS-12367: Upstream Drools Bug: From with modify fires unexpected rule
  • NMS-12369: FlowStackKafkaIT hanging on CircleCI
  • NMS-12388: Allow persisting edges with references to at least one vertex which is not in the edge’s namespace
  • NMS-12392: send-event.pl is broken after OpenNMS 25.1.0 update
  • NMS-12398: Use OpenJDK 8 JDK for build environment