It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we did more work on flow enhancements, reporting, and other bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Sean did some more work on updating our Kafka components to 2.2.
- Markus expanded some test coverage for SLM calculation.
- Dustin and Christian continued to work on adding hostname resolution when processing flows.
- Chandra did more fixes to memory leaks during Drools reloading.
- Chandra added support for customizing TTLs in detectors/monitors/collectors
- Patrick worked on fixing SNMP proxy issues.
- Patrick continued his work on allowing vertexes from multiple namespaces to be in edges in the graph service.
- Matt worked on flow API enhancements to allow querying specific conversations, hosts, or applications.
- Jesse worked on porting smoke tests over to the new smoke test APIs.
- I updated our pull request template to have a checklist of common tasks to complete.
- Chandra worked on adding event API support to the Minion.
Web, ReST, and UI
- I finished up adding support for severity color themes in Helm.
- Jeff did some more input-sanitization fixes in the web UI.
- Jeff fixed sorting of nodes when editing surveillance categories in the flow admin UI.
- Jesse and Markus worked on reporting UI updates, including support for configuring accessing Grafana instances/dashboards.
- Jesse changed the flow indicators in the UI to point to the deep dive tool.
OpenNMS May Releases
Last week we released OpenNMS Horizon 24.1.0, and new point releases for Meridian 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Meridian releases contained primarily small UI fixes and a couple of security fixes. Horizon 24 got a decent number of bug fixes and enhancements including support for OpenTracing in the sink API and a rework of geocoding services.
For a complete list of changes, see the release notes:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
We will be at OSMC in November.
There will be a 1-day workshop on November 4th, focusing on getting started with OpenNMS including notifications, alarms, and graphing in Grafana with Helm.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-147: Text fields on Alarm Details Modal Window do not wrap or scroll.
- HELM-149: Add “theme” support for the alarm table severity colors
- HZN-1521: Edges should allow to contain vertices of different namespaces
- HZN-1551: View traffic for specific applications over time (flows) - back end work
- HZN-1552: View traffic for specific hosts over time (flows) (backend work)
- HZN-1554: View traffic for specific conversations over time (flows) (backend work)
- HZN-1556: [circleci] Building container images fails intermittently
- HZN-1566: Enforce VertexRef to be immutable
- NMS-10281: We have a regression in the SNMP core API for get effective address (snmp-proxy)
- NMS-10458: Wrong SLM 24hr availability calculation per node
- NMS-10654: When editing a surveillance category from Admin flow, lists of nodes are not sorted by node label
- NMS-10678: Memory Leak on Drools while reloading config
- NMS-10679: Node detail page renders with no content when invalid node ID specified
- NMS-10688: Install guide for Java versions is misleading
- NMS-10698: EditInRequisitionIT flapping
- NMS-10701: Jetty HTTPS selectors can become unresponsive following CancelledKeyException
- NMS-10707: Reflected XSS vulnerability in notification/detail.jsp and outage/detail.htm