In the last week we kept working on CI improvements, fixed some Kafka bugs, fixed time-series and netflow issues, the new Minion-based remote poller infrastructure, OIA integration updates, and more!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I did more work cleaning up and enhancing our CircleCI builds.
- Chandra fixed an issue with the alarm history elasticsearch feature when
- Dustin did more work on modernizing the remote poller infrastructure.
- Pierre added new confd templates for Minion to make SSH, RMI registry, and RMI server configurable.
- Patrick did more work on fixing an issue when multiple SNMP interfaces are marked “primary” on a node.
- Chandra continued his work on improving thread-handling on the Minion.
- Chandra fixed an issue with missing parameters when forwarding events from the Kafka producer.
- Jesse fixed a regression in throughput processing of Netflow ingress packets in Horizon 26.
- Jesse fixed an issue with exceptions when persisting fails in the new time-series integration layer.
- Matt did more work on storing passwords encrypted on-disk.
- Patrick updated the OIA to expose tag names as constants accessible by integration implementers.
- Patrick updated the time-series integration layer to pass improved metadata tags.
- Ronny and I worked on some CircleCI changes that would reduce image sizes.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Matthew Brooks
- Patrick Schweizer
- Pierre Bouffard
- Ronny Trommer
Calendar of Events
June Releases - June 2nd, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is June 2nd, 2020. Currently we expect point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- ALEC-67: Log message for situation reflects cleared state
- ALEC-74: Kafka streams dies and does not recover from error
- ALEC-84: Add Graph Provider to support ALEC
- NMS-12332: SSLCertMonitor server-name parameter results in NPE
- NMS-12605: Provisiond accepts multiple primary SNMP interfaces
- NMS-12679: Update database and send events only on status changes
- NMS-12687: Confd templates for Minion configuration (Karaf)
- NMS-12699: Bump Docker base dependencies in build-env and OCI artifacts
- NMS-12710: Create SQL index for optimizing poll result lookups
- NMS-12718: The Alarm History feature is not working
- NMS-12723: Events forwarded by Kafka Producer doesn’t have any parameters set