In the last week we did more documentation cleanup, did more work on our continuous integration infrastructure, fixed some bugs, did some JDK11 build updates, and more!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I did more work on cleaning up and refactoring our CircleCI builds.
- Ronny updated our docker builds to use a newer JDK.
- Chandra worked on improving threading on the Minion.
- Bonnie made some improvements to the Collectd documentation.
- Ronny cleaned up some warnings in the documentation build.
- Sean updated Kafka components to 2.5.0.
- Christian did more work on refactoring the Minion to handle the remote poller’s duties.
- Chandra worked a bit more on making sure Provisiond doesn’t allow multiple interfaces on a node to be marked “primary.”
- Chandra made it so OIA can be built with JDK 11.
- Ronny cleaned up old references to plugins in the documentation.
- I did some work on making our Docker images smaller.
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Ronny Trommer
- Sean Torres
Calendar of Events
June Releases - June 2nd, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is June 2nd, 2020. Currently we expect point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-221: Make Helm docs publicly available
- NMS-12683: Get new remote poller running as daemon
- NMS-12702: Fix warnings during documentation build
- NMS-12705: Release note changes for breaking changes are missing from Meridian
- NMS-12713: Images are broken in admin guide
- NMS-12715: Add very basic search capabilities to our docs framework
- NMS-12716: Cleanup removed Elasticsearch REST plugin and hint to Plugin Manager