It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we wondered… what is time? Does time exist? Is it Monday? Oh, crap, it’s Tuesday! I totally forgot to do OOH!
Anyway… so we worked on ARM support for Docker, CircleCI updates, documentation improvements, BGP, SNMPv3, time-series, flows, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny updated the Minion docker images to use JICMP and JICMP6 rather than JNA.
- Ronny finished updating the Minion docker images to support ARM builds. Horizon 27 and higher will support x86_64, arm64, and arm/v7.
- Bonnie worked on updating the documentation to recommend CentOS 8 for Horizon 25+.
- Sean added ZSTD compression support to our Kafka config.
- Bonnie added thresholding documentation.
- Christian added support for parsing BGP capabilities and adding AFI/SAFI statistics as metrics.
- I got CircleCI builds working on the foundation branches back to
- Chandra did more fixes related to SNMPv3 and engine IDs.
- Chandra did some work on adding Jolokia features to Minion and Sentinel.
- Chandra worked on updating the sink API to use protobuf 3.
- Patrick continued his work on the new timeseries API.
- Chandra worked on writing enriched (classified and tagged) flow data to Kafka.
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- Ron Roskens worked on fixing persisted calendar report display.
- I added auto-merge support to the Helm CircleCI config.
Calendar of Events
April Releases - April 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is April 7th, 2020.
Unless we run into major issues, we’re hoping to release Horizon 26 in April, which includes support for BMP telemetry collection.
OpenNMS Training - Moonachie, New Jersey - April 27th through May 1st, 2020
The OpenNMS Group still hopes to be offering training at SecureWatch 24 Fusion Center in Moonachie, New Jersey the week of April 27th. 8 seats are available, and the deadline for signing up is April 17th.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- HELM-233: auto-merge helm develop -> master in CircleCI
- NMS-2558: Multiple Default SNMP community Strings
- NMS-2867: OpenNMS MIB: Converting Events to MIB
- NMS-3045: Create Java SNMP command line utils
- NMS-3458: Event Configuration error results in success event after reloading
- NMS-12438: persisted defaultCalendarReport database reports are broken
- NMS-12476: Backport CircleCI pipeline to foundation-2018
- NMS-12481: Docker Image Improvements
- NMS-12482: Reduce Minion docker image size
- NMS-12483: Publish arm64 and armhf Docker images for Minion
- NMS-12484: Use jicmp (and jicmp6) by default in Minion Docker images
- NMS-12553: Add support for per AFI/SAFI statistics
- NMS-12570: Add support for Local RIB
- NMS-12571: Parse BGP Capabilities
- NMS-12574: Apply more sensible defaults to OpenBMP kafka producer
- NMS-12603: Backport CircleCI pipeline to foundation-2017
- NMS-12604: Update installation requirements re: CentOS 8
- NMS-12607: Backport CircleCI pipeline to foundation-2016
- NMS-12615: PR’s fail circleci RPM build steps due to missing GPG setup