It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on SNMP profile matching, time series APIs, ALEC improvements, BMP in Telemetryd, the Linkd topology provider, and more!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra continued to work on wrapping up improvements and fixes to profile fitting when provisioning.
- Patrick did more work on evaluating refactoring our time series APIs.
- Chandra worked on fixing exclude ranges inside discovery definitions.
- Markus continued his work on improvements to the graph services API.
- Jesse updated the ALEC API to use an IP->node cache.
- Christian worked on fixing bugs in filter processing in
- Chandra worked on fixing some issues with handling foreign sources in new suspect scans.
- Chandra fixed a bug in the
- Dustin did more work on implementing BMP support in Telemetryd.
- Antonio worked on improvements to the Linkd topology provider.
- Ronny did more work updating documentation and links in a number of places.
Calendar of Events
December Releases - December 3rd, 2019
The next OpenNMS release day is December 3rd.
So far we expect to be putting out the following releases:
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last OOH
- NMS-12309: AlarmLifecycleListenerManagerIT and AlarmdIT flapping
- NMS-12368: Create a step-by-step guide how to setup Kafka for Minions
- NMS-12375: Migrate guide to run with Docker from GitHub repo to Installation guide
- NMS-12385: Discovery does not honor exclude-range inside a definition
- NMS-12386: Discovery exclude-range is not location-aware
- NMS-12396: Enhance new snmp profiles to allow fitting to nodes inside requisitions without SNMP service associated to any IPs configured
- NMS-12399: SNMP profile fitting is not triggered in some cases when MINION is involved
- NMS-12408: Add possibility to listen for graph changes
- NMS-12412: Alarmd fails intermittently and OOMs
- NMS-12413: SNMP Remove from definitions fails for definitions with profile label