It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on tracing in Provisiond, BMP updates, documentation, test and build infrastructure, response time resources, OpenNMS.js, search, and other bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra did more work on adding OpenTracing support to Provisiond
- Chandra fixed an NPE in the Kafka flow forwarder
- Bonnie made additional documentation updates for BMP and some other core changes
- Dustin improved handling of unknown variants in BMP and BGP data
- I fixed a number of issues in unit/integration/smoke testing
- Chandra improved response time resources written to Kafka to provide more info
- I did more work on moving Bamboo tasks over to CircleCI
Web, ReST, UI, and Helm
- I released a new version of OpenNMS.js with a fix for newer Grafana HTTP response handling
- Chandra worked on re-adding Markus’s new central search facility (including missing smoke test coverage)
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Ronny Trommer
Calendar of Events
May Releases - May 5th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is May 5th, 2020. Currently we expect point/bug fix releases of Meridian 2019 and Horizon 26.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.