It’s time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we did a lot of prep work for Horizon 24, including better debug tracing for RPC and geocoder fixes, as well as other ALEC updates.
Oh, and we renamed OCE to ALEC (Architecture for Learning Enabled Correlation) now that it has a TensorFlow-based engine. And I renamed This Week in OpenNMS to OpenNMS On the Horizon because c’mon, you gotta admit it’s a better name. Get it? Horizon? Fine. Well it’s staying this way whether you like it or not.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse and Ronny continued to work on a CircleCI workflow for OpenNMS builds.
- Chandra fixed loading a couple of the less common timeseries strategies that got broken in a refactor.
- Chandra did wrap-up on opentracing support for RPC communications.
- Markus started in on reworking our geocoder support, including a configuration UI.
- Dustin worked on making poller configuration applicable to more than one service through wildcards.
- Matt did more work on running ALEC on the JVM.
- I updated the dependencies for Horizon 24 so it can be installed without requiring a specific JVM, as well as allowing JDK 8 through 11.
- Jesse added support for pushing topology edge updates with a Karaf command.
Web & UI
- David did more work on the UI for root cause submission.
- I worked on more enhancements to Helm, including mouseovers for alarm logs, auto-wildcarding for text search in the filter panel, and a number of bug fixes and maintenance chores.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
Dev-Jam 2019 will be once again on the University of Minneapolis campus, from June 24th through 28th.
More details are available in the announcement.
Please plan on joining us for a week of fun, coding, and frivolity.
We will be at OSMC in November.
Details are still forthcoming but we’re hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- ALEC-10: Create Situation Icon
- ALEC-11: Create Network Interface Icon
- ALEC-55: Add topology(link) support to the OpenNMS Direct datasource
- ALEC-60: Create Debian packages for OCE
- ALEC-63: OCE unusable when graph contains large number of deferred IOs
isAcknowledgedto the faults datasource and alarm table
- HELM-140: update build to use webpack
- HELM-142: Text control in filter panel disappears on auto-refresh, but other panels remain filtered
- HELM-143: Add td.title to alarm-table cell contents
- HZN-1495: Investigate OpenTracing for our RPC communications
- HZN-1517: Support compression in JestClient for Elasticsearch
isAcknowledgedto alarm object and queries
- NMS-10640: IFTTT feature should also support BSM alarms