Not able to do SNMP data collection via minion

Problem:
I am attempting to build a POC with OpenNMS (latest stable version of Horizon). I was able to setup the opennms core, postgresql, Cassandra node with newts. I added a Cisco switch to the opennms setup and configured with relevant SNMP v2c config on both switch and opennms. The opennms system is polling the switch and collecting performance data.

I then tried to add a minion to the platform on another VM and configured the minion with a location and other config to work with the opennms. I am successfully able to do health:check from minion shell .

I then set remote to true in the collectd-configuration.xml

the expected behavior is that the SNMP data collection happens via the minion, but this does not seem to work.

I tried to set the collectd to debug mode and from the logs, I do not see the opennms collectd attempting to do an SNMP poll with the minion location.

Any pointers on what could be wrong or how to troubleshoot the issue?

Expected outcome:
the expected behavior is that the SNMP data collection happens via the minion

OpenNMS version:
latest stable horizon 24.1.3-1

remote being true has no bearing on minion.

Assign the node to the same Location as Minion and the collection will be proxied through it.

Thank you … working now after I set remote to false , assigned collection and polling package to the minion location