Is there a way of logging user actions?

Hi, Unless I’m being very stupid, I can’t seem to find any method of logging user actions, or even successful login. This seems to be an obvious failing.

Can anyone point me right, or let me know if there is a way of implementing this?

Thanks

Have you checked the value of org.opennms.security.disableLoginSuccessEvent=false? The default is, there will be an event when a user logs in. It is documented in ${OPENNMS_HOME}/etc/opennms.properties. If you want to change it, don’t touch the opennms.properties an create a custom properties file in ${OPENNMS_HOME}/etc/opennms.properties.d to make your updates easier.

Won’t that only log a login, and not what they do afterwards?

I think @simon is looking for a more complete audit log, like “node #123 was deleted by user456 at 2019-01-21T14:03:27.013”.

I’m after as much as I can get really out of the box. Ideally it would log user actions, however a good first step would be to show when user successfully authenticates.

There is currently no such functionality as far I know, the only part which comes close to what your are looking for is changing assets on discovered nodes. For the reason it works completely different with Provisioning, it is not triggered when assets are changed with Provisiond. The use case around audit logs would need to be documented in an enhancement in our software management system JIRA.