HttpsMonitor fails to poll newly upgraded servers running HTTPS services

We upgraded from some version of OpenNMS 26 to 27.2.0 today. After the upgrade, we received HTTPS outage notifications on several servers. I switched them to use the HttpMonitor class instead of the HttpsMonitor, and that resolved the outages on those servers. However, doing that created HTTPS outage notifications on all the rest of our HTTPS servers. It seems that the HTTPS poller is only broken on servers that have had recent software updates. We have several distributions of Linux serve HTTPS with both Apache and Nginx. I couldn’t find one with recent updates and a working HTTPS polling in OpenNMS. Has something changed on HTTPS that isn’t working yet in OpenNMS? Any idea what’s going on here, and how I can resolve it? The OpenNMS server doesn’t even detect HTTPS on itself anymore (I have it working with a reverse proxy). Thanks!

Let me guess, you have OpenJDK 11.0.11? That sounds like [NMS-13111] BouncyCastle breaks SSL connector in Jetty - The OpenNMS Issue Tracker which is actually an issue with Java, not necessarily with OpenNMS. The easiest way is to roll back to a previous OpenJDK version.

1 Like

That’s it. Thanks so much! It’s working fine now on the previous stable Debian package of OpenJDK.

1 Like