Enlinkd.xml error, upgrade overwriting soft link, and startup/check questions

I’ve just updated to 24.1.2 from 23.x.x (forget the exact version). I’ve had a couple issues most addressed by the forums but one I’m confused by.

Confused

1. I’ve had to remove the following lines from the enlinkd.xml file. (I’ve done this on the last couple upgrades)
    topology_interval=“30000”
    bridge_topology_interval=“300000”
    discovery-bridge-threads=“1”
    If I don’t remove these lines Opennms startup fails with errors such as this:
    An error occurred while attempting to start the “OpenNMS:Name=EnhancedLinkd” service (class org.opennms.netmgt.enlinkd.jmx.EnhancedLinkd). Shutting down and exiting.
    javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [enhancedLinkdContext], from group with resource name
    [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘enhancedLinkdContext’ defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/opennms/lib/org.opennms
    .features.enlinkd.daemon-24.1.2.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframewor
    k.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘daemon’ defined in class pat
    h resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-enhancedLinkd.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘linkdConfig’ while setting bean property ‘linkdConfig’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.Bean
    CreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘linkdConfig’ defined in class path resource [META-INF/opennms/applicationContext-enhancedLinkd.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframe
    work.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.opennms.netmgt.config.EnhancedLinkdConfigFactory]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.opennms.core.xml.MarshallingResourceFailureExc
    eption: Failed to marshal/unmarshal XML file while unmarshalling an object (EnlinkdConfiguration): javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
  • with linked exception:
    [Exception [EclipseLink-25004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.1.v20130918-f2b9fc5): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException
    Exception Description: An error occurred unmarshalling the document
    Internal Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 14; columnNumber: 13; cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute ‘topology_interval’ is not allowed to appear in element
    ‘enlinkd-configuration’.]; nested exception is javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException

Am I missing something? There must be a release notes or admin manual I’ve missed.

1. Experienced the missing maps issue. Thanks the the forums I was able to fix it and realize my “etc-pristine” hadn’t been updated since October 2017. That’s my fault I keep forgetting to copy them out before deleting opennms/share.
    Is there a way to keep the installer from replacing my symbolic links with directories? Logs and share link off to other disks. Just wondering not looking for an enhancement.

2. Noticed bin/opennms check now seems to start opennms. I thought in 23.x it just checked but didn’t start.

Thanks
aasu