Critical Path Configuration

Hey everyone,

Even though Critical Path configuration I’ve setup seems to show correctly (info > path outages), I’m not getting the “pathOutage” event only the individual nodeDown events.

I’ve setup the Foreign Parent ID on each node in order for to be shown on the path outages screen. The Parent ID is in a separate provisioning request so I provided the name to that as well.

Also, I’ve set pathOutageEnabled=“true” in poller-configuration.xml and issued a pollerd restart request then restarted openNMS completely when it didn’t seem to do anything.

From what I’ve read in the docs, the nodeDown events should still be generated but they should have additional “eventReason” parameters along with the seperate “pathOutage” event.

Update: nodeDown event description does state ‘All interfaces on node x.x.x.x are down because of the following condition: pathOutage’ but still don’t see the pathOutage event.

Prior to use the provisioning method, I’d also setup the Critical Paths manually through Notifications > Configure Path Outages and the Primary Interface IP but this didn’t seem to work either.

Currently running Horizon 24.1.3.

In case it matters, I’ve been testing the outage by blackholing the routes on the openNMS server itself rather than “killing” my real network, for example:

ip route add blackhole x.x.x.x

Would anyone be able fill me in on any other configuration I may have missed?

Thanks

Derek

No one got any ideas?

Apologies if this is a simple one but I’m completely stumped.